About Nerd or Die
Before anything else, I want to talk about some background information. The website was founded in 2011. It’s a young site if you think about it, yet it’s become one of the most popular digital spaces.
Nerd or Die didn’t get into the live streaming industry until a few years later in 2014. It focused on YouTube, Twitch, and web tutorials. I’ve done a few web tutorials, but those are hard for me to do. I have a hard time being detailed. Anyway, that’s the reason the company started doing so well. The live streaming community embraced the company.
The company has been creating all sorts of resources for people like us, such as the Twitch panel maker and the Twitch alerts. You’ll find a lot of resources here if you’re a live streamer, which is the reason I wanted to talk about it a little more.
Products And Prices
I was surprised to find that the site offered a lot of products. The collection of tools was endless.
I’ve only used a few of the products, but you have to choose what works for you. They all seem useful one way or another depending on what you’re looking for.
- I went for the Electro Junkie 2 package. It empowered my live stream look. The packaged included electrical themes and neon texts. The package came with everything I needed, from the overlays to electric widgets, alerts, and scene designs, just to name a few things. It was the total package, and I got it for $30, which isn’t bad compared to other sites.
- I also got the Synthwave package. You can get a small package that’ll be around $10 or a full package that’ll cost about $30. This is the package for you if you want something a bit retro that reminds you of the 80s.
Many of the other products you’ll find there will be between $10 to $30, which isn’t so bad. Some of these prices are lower than other companies, while others are standard. What’s great about them is that the quality is definitely impressive.
Pros And Cons
Everything has a few pros and cons. Nothing is perfect, and it’s the same thing with Nerd or Die. I want to be as honest as I can be with you, so I’ll start with the pros.
- Great interface usability details
- Impressive customer service
- Social sharing is easy
- The buffering is quite fast
- Video analytics are impressive
Just as there are some positives, there are some negatives you should know about. I’m going to share some of the cons I noticed.
- You can’t pay using digital wallets or cryptocurrencies.
- There are no special discounts for military or teachers.
- You won’t find loyalty programs here.
- Returns are accepted but only if you don’t download anything.
To set your mind at ease, the company accepts PayPal.
There are free resources, which I love.
I started with some of those to see what the site had to offer. They offer free Twitch overlays and free Twitch panels. I use Twitch quite a lot, so I loved that. Those who aren’t 100% sure about the paid products should consider some of the free resources just to check it out.
If you’re still unsure after that, you can check out some tutorials online, maybe on YouTube. You’ll see how to use some of the Nerd or Die products on there.
The next thing I want to talk about was the points. Yes, the site may not offer what I want, which is student discounts, but the good thing is the site does offer a reward point program.
If you earn points, you’ll be able to use those points to get a discount on the next purchase you make on the site. You have to log in and purchase something using your account. You’ll find the number of points you’ve earned on your account page.
- You don’t have to do anything to earn these points except log in and make your purchase. The points are automatically added to your account. If you don’t see any points added to your account for some reason, be sure to talk to customer service to take care of the issue for you.
- For every dollar you spend, you get five points. You get a dollar for every 100 points you make. I was scared that these points were going to expire at some point. Thankfully, I found out that they don’t expire. A lot of sites have that problem, and I hate it. No one can accumulate enough points to get a good discount if the points keep expiring. You can use these points on any products you want. There are no exclusions to worry about.
Now, you have some things I learned about the company when I started to use it. I’ve used a lot of other sites, and I still think this one offers great products at great prices, but you should check out everything carefully. As mentioned earlier, you can start with the free options to get a feel for what Nerd or Die has been cooking up for you. Hopefully, some of what I’ve learned helps you decide who to trust with all your live streaming needs.